But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Sorry ladies...

...but I'm now officially off the market. Yep, married. What does that mean? The most common joke that I hear is that I will now be ordered around and that marriage cake kills a woman's desire to have sex. That joke got old after the first time I heard it and was kind of annoying times 2-74. However, after being married now for almost 4 whole days, I can honestly say its a pretty good deal and I feel good about the decision.

About the wedding and reception. You know how people say that guests generally don't notice the mistakes that happen during the wedding day? Well, there were no mistakes Saturday. Everything went according to plan. I have to admit that I was a little worried when two of my groomsmen went to Rubio's at 1:30 when we were supposed to be dressed and in the church at 2:00, but they somehow made it back. I'm still not sure how Andrew and Peter pulled that off. The reception was a good time. I thought the food was way better than I remembered in our tasting. The Karl Strauss Amber Lager was delicious. That was my drink of choice the whole night, although I know that the wine was good because I chose the white and my in-laws chose the red (which I also sampled). In any case, I enjoyed the evening. We stayed at the Westin across the street. That's a seriously nice place. I enjoyed a $19 breakfast of 2 eggs, hash browns, and 2 sausages. Actually, the two breakfasts together with tax and tip came out to $55, but it came with coffee and OJ (which I think was actually Sunny Delight). In return, we took the mini jars of preserves and ketchup.

So, that's that for the wedding. Its nice to be married, but its extra nice seeing that I no longer have to plan wedding, which I was barely involved in anyways.

Things I want to write about, but don't have time: Israel-Lebanon, Mel Gibson, and Fidel Castro.

2 comments:

Pete said...

I know Jeff was anxious to test that wedding cake theory. This was overheard at the wedding. "So jeff are we gonna party at the Westin Bar after the reception?" Jeff sternly replies, "I'M GOING BACK TO MY ROOM!"
That was actually Emily's story...and now I feel ashamed for stealing it. But I'm still gonna hit the publish button aren't I?

Lauri said...

It was an awesome wedding guys!