But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Thursday, May 24, 2007

my famous students

18 of my Economics students attended an event yesterday held by TownHall Los Angeles. The speaker was James Wood, President of the Getty Trust that runs the Getty Museum. This is part of a program that gets high school students involved in local civic events. Although I got them hooked up, I was unable to attend with them due to, uh, extenuating circumstances (a.k.a. Liverpool in the Champions League final). In any case, the L.A. Times did a story on the event and mentioned my students along with my colleague, Diane Wilson, who took my place. Look towards the end of the story. I guess my kids asked great questions dealing with questioning the Getty's dedication to student programs, etc. while some of the "grown-ups" asked poignant questions like "Why aren't there more bathrooms at the Getty?" In any case, I am proud of how well my kids represented our school.

No comments: