But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Wow!

In December 2006 I was traveling to an economics conference in Wichita, Kansas. During my travels, I read Barack Obama's Audacity of Hope. Having read it, I found myself completely sold on ideas that seemed fair, just, and just plain common sense. It was then that I knew that I could support his run for the presidency.

Words can't describe how proud I am to be American today. I can't wait for inauguration day.

"And to all those watching tonight from beyond our shores, from parliaments and palaces to those who are huddled around radios in the forgotten corners of our world, our stories are singular, but our destiny is shared, and a new dawn of American leadership is at hand."


My pride in California, however, has taken a huge hit. Let's hope the numbers on Prop 8 change in the next few hours.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

See what can happen when you go to Kansas?