But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Friday, July 15, 2005

TGIF? MY ASS!

I used to really like Fridays. Maybe I still do, but once you become a teacher Friday becomes that day where you have a drink or two (or six) and then pass out at 10:00. Maybe that's just what happens to me. Friday is now a day for recovering and then Saturday is relaxing, but Sunday brings church and then figuring out what the hell I'm going to do Monday.

So this Friday is especially pathetic. My better half went to San Jose for a cousin's wedding and I'm stuck here by myself. Now, I've lived in the Greater Pasadena area for over a year now and have yet to make any local friends that are not actually friends of my fiance. I always had people to hang out with in my last hometown, but that is past and they all have kids and never come to Galaxy games with me anymore. To make a long story short, Amanda sends me a text message saying that she is dancing to AC/DC with her drunk parents. I should have replied and said that I am sitting in my stuffy apartment writing on my blog that nobody reads having watched "Team America" and "Anchorman" while pretending to clean up this fucking pigsty that I live in. However, I would have to admit my patheticness to that and I outright refuse to do so.

But it gets better. And that's not meant as a joke like "then the electricity went out." This weekend brings more footy action than I can shake a stick at. First, the U.S. squares of vs. El Tri in the Gold Cup tomorrow followed by a trip to Victoria Street for Galaxy vs. Chivas, so both of the Mexican sides that I despise the most will be on the fixture for a lovely Saturday. Sunday is the special practice session with Real Madrid and Monday night is the Galaxy vs. Real Madrid match. Granted, I think my teams will take 2 of 3 at best and more likely 1 of 3, but any weekend with 2 live matches and 1 TV is a good weekend. Now I just need to squeeze in some makeout time with the old lady.

Well, my latest attempt to get through a book is calling me to come finish reading. I was really excited about this book at first, but there is way too much feminine emotion and not enough revolution. If someone actually reads this and is intrigued leave a comment and I'll share more about the book later. Instead, more reading for me and no more reading this for you.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Well, Jeff you don't always have to be with A to the Motherfuckin K to give us a call. Sundays especially, come out and watch the softball games with us!

Lauri said...

Yes Jeff, join us!