But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Monday, February 11, 2008

Today's List - 2/11/08

1. Happy Birthday Mom!! (She's way younger than you think for having twin sons that are 30. I had the unfortunate pleasure of hearing that we were "too much wine at Thanksgiving" babies.) In any case, I will be bringing presents to the 909 this weekend.

2. This is my first post on my new computer.
2.1 I got a Mac Mini. We are now a 1/2 Mac and 1/2 PC household
2.2 I'm digging the mac, especially now that it has the "mighty mouse" which has a left and right click.
2.3 It doesn't have solitaire. That makes me sad.
2.4 It does have chess. However, when I make superior, yet confusing, moves it just stops playing. No check mate, just freezes.
2.5 The keyboard is way space-age.
2.6 When at the Apple Store I looked at the "Air" and its really thin.
2.7 Its nice to have a computer at home that works so the wife can take hers to school. So really its more like a gift for her, which means I'm off the hook for Valentine's Day.

3. Things are looking pretty good for Obama. There should be a couple more victories tomorrow night.

4. Remember that really cool Obama video? If not, go here. Here is a funny one about McCain.



Cheap shot? Whatever. The guy is bonkers.

5. Best album Grammy went to Herbie Hancock. Only 2nd jazz artist to win the award.

6. The Clinton camp was offended by the MSNBC person that said that they were "pimping out" Chelsea. Today she had breakfast with a 21 year-old superdelegate from Wisconsin. She may not be trading sex for votes (and I emphasize may), but pimping seems like the right term for it.

7. I left the TV in the other room on ABC when I came in here. Now I am hearing what I believe is Miami Sound Machine which leads me to believe that there is some sort of reality dance competition on... just checked and confirmed. Dance War. Turned it to American Gladiators for Pete.

8. Before Pete makes any comments like "Whatever Jeff, I know you were watching Dance War" I want to remind him that he was watching a dog show.

9. Went to Ruth's Chris the other night. That shit is good.

No comments: