But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Do you think Hillary still wants to brag about West Virginia?

On the night of the West Virginia primary, I got a text from an unnamed person that said "West Virginia is racist". I laughed it off as a joke, but this report by West Virginia Public Radio says that it was no joke at all.

Some wonderful quotes by West Virginia voters:

"Well, it’s his name that messes me up, that Muslim name. Them Muslims, they’re a terrorist, buddy, they almost want to be a terrorist."

"There’s no way under the heavens I’d vote for Obama, because of his beliefs. I’m a born again Christian, and he’s of the Muslim faith or whatever. From what I understand, he don’t believe in God, and we don’t need nobody to ruin our country who don’t believe in God."

"And I don’t like the Hussein thing. I’ve had enough of Hussein."

"You know I didn’t vote for no colored."

1 comment:

derrickgott007 said...

Not surprising comments coming from a state where people don't have family trees, they have family wreaths!