But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Sunday, March 01, 2009

addendum to previous post

Three things I wanted to add. First,

Best New (to me) restaurant experience: Fatty's. Its a vegetarian restaurant in Eagle Rock. We both had really good filling dinners that were reasonably priced along with the most ridiculous chocolate cake ever called the "fudgie." They also have a really cool and wallet friendly wine-list. Half-glasses, half bottles, full bottles, lots of organic and biodynamic wines. Highly recommended.

Overrated movie. The Reader. Intriguing story, good acting. However, it didn't leave me with that "wow" feeling that I expect from on Oscar movie. Slumdog did that. Kate Winslett was good, but not great in my view. Maybe the Oscar was more of a "you've been so good in so many films that you deserve this" type of thing. I'm not saying that she was bad, but just not mind-blowing. She did, however, spend a large part of the movie naked.

Craziest shit I ever saw: The guys in this video. I am afraid of some very lame things. They jump off of cliffs and fly around in wingsuits. I suck.


wingsuit base jumping from Ali on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Andrew Christopherson said...

it seems like those guys should all be dead.

derrickgott007 said...

You forgot best new show.....Eastbound and down on HBO. Kenny Powers is the man! Plus a washed up sports star as a teacher combines two of your favorite things...