But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Green beer and gangrene

OK, so I'm not going to write about gangrene, but it fits the day better and you'll find that its not far off the actual topic.

First, Happy St. Patrick's Day. I will be enjoying a pint or two of Murphy's at home tonight waiting for my wife to come home from her final. And, yes, I prefer Murphy's to Guinness. I know that sounds blasphemous, but whatever.

Here's the green White House fountain:



Second, I read a really interesting article today about universal health care. The key quote is "No one should face financial ruin because of a mishap with a fork and an avocado" and it makes great sense to me.

2 comments:

Chipper Mo'Reno said...

Did you ever buy the green Liverpool jersey?

Jeff said...

God no. That thing is hideous. Maybe I should just to use once a year, but I'm OK sticking with my Celtic jersey for now.