But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Monday, June 05, 2006

A Non-soccer related post

So I have a few things to say that are not connected to the World Cup.

First, I have a few things to admit. I bought, drank, and enjoyed a bottle of sparkling mineral water (Pellegrino). In the last 2 weeks I have consumed more white wine than beer. I bought, use, and love the Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaner. I'm not sure I'm going to vote tomorrow because I have no interest in any of the issues. I'm scared of geese.

OK, now that I've got that off my chest I have a story. The other night Amanda and I went out for a walk. Near the end, we were at the corner of Duarte Rd. and Rosemead waiting for the little man to tell us to cross. I felt something on my back sort of near the bottom of my shoulder blade. I reached around and sort of felt it, but couldn't quite hit the spot. So I asked Amanda if there was something on my back. Her response was "Oh my god - yes!" which of course really bothered me. She made funny noises as I danced around on a busy street corner trying to get this thing out of my shirt. Yes, what she saw was something "pointy" moving inside my shirt. I did have an undershirt so it was not directly on my skin. Once I thought I had sufficiently danced around to get whatever it was out of my shirt, I asked Amanda to check. She felt around my back and it seemed to be gone - until I felt the top of my shoulder where the giant "thing" was. I immediately grabbed my shoulder and the "thing" crunched into oblivion leaving a white-ish slime and green-yellow guts. Once I got the shirt off there were no parts remaining, so I have no idea what it was. My theory was originally a moth, but Amanda was thinking giant spider. Later I changed to beetle and Pete seemed to think grasshopper when I told him the story. Either way, it was not pleasant.

Also, Amanda and I found an apartment. Its pretty big. The landlord listed it as 1300 square feet, but I think its a little less. We also got a great deal, its secure as hell (including razor wire), and in a good neighborhood. Either way, we are stoked. My next challenge is not just to get my stuff packed, but to try and get rid of some of the things that I never use.

That's all. World Cup Post #4 is coming later today.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

I've been very curious about that shower cleaner thing, it works? Make sure you tell me more about it next time i see you!