But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Today's List - 1/29

1. It looks like Giuliani may drop out if he doesn't win in Florida tonight. I don't think he will win, so that's one more jerk candidate out of the running. However, its kind of scary because Itchy-trigger-finger McCain is looking pretty strong. I'm glad I'm not Republican - how do you chose between crazy McCain and fake Romney.

2. Both Clinton and Obama really want an endorsement from Bill Richardson. He said that if he is going to endorse a candidate it will likely be by the end of the week and that "it's going to be a gut feeling. It's not going to be about statistics, about past ties." In the same article he tells a story about one of the debates where he stopped listening when a question was directed at another candidate, sort of taking a mental break, when the moderator directed the same question to him "So, Gov. Richardson, what do you think of that?" As he desperately looked for a clue before asking the mod to repeat the question Barack Obama went "Katrina, Katrina" saving Richardson's ass a bit. After what Billary has done in the campaign over the last few weeks do you think she would have helped or fed him to the wolves. I'm going with choice B. So I'm thinking that his "gut" might just tell him that Obama is the way to go.

3. I also think that, although Richardson barely got a word in during his last few debates he was trying to maintain some level of civility - another reason why I think he might choose Obama if anybody.

4. I also think he should choose wisely since I am hoping that he is on the top of the shortlist for VP possibilities. Imagine a VP with some actual positive international experience.

5. Bush did a good job highlighting his presidency last night: an economy crashing under the weight of lenders screwing over poor borrowers and nearly a trillion spent on a war started for false reasons, a Damoclean education program with lofty goals and no funding to back it, and the reputation of an imperialist internationally.

6. My pick for the Super Bowl? OK, its easy to pick the Patriots, but I will also say that the Giants will cover the 13-point spread and that betters should go with the "under" in the over/under, which I think is sitting at around 53 or so. I'm thinking 27-17 in an ungodly boring game.

7. It looks like the Galaxy will pick up another somewhat well-known European player. Celestine Babayaro played for 7 years or so for Chelsea and was last at Newcastle before being waved due to injury issues. If he becomes consistently healthy he will be part of a very solid backline with Abel Xavier, Ty Harden(maybe?), and an undetermined 3rd defender.

8. The proposed tax refund should get most people around $600 and couples around $1200. If you're getting that money, what would you do with it? I more or less spent it on a new Mac Mini that I haven't technically bought yet.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Richardson would be the perfect VP for either Clinton or Obama, but if he endorses Obama and Clinton is the Nominee, then the Clinton's will shun him. He should keep quiet and wait to see who the Nominee is going to be. Let Edwards do the endorsing, he has no possibility or desire for the VP spot.

appojax said...

I dunno man, if I were to back a Republican (and I am not sayin I would) I like Johnny McCain.

Plaxico Burress is a dumb-ass. He knows deep down what's gonna happen: he and his Giants are gonna get a whuppin, Super Bowl-style. Not even worth watching. well there's always commercials with boobs and or suggentive themes.

Whoever gets elected will probably also go for two terms because there is nowhere to go but up if they choose to do so. The people will admire the efforts and re-elect. Don't freak out but I think our next presodent will be McCain for some reason.

I am going to spend my summerefund on rent. Oh wait, I don't have to pay rent any more. Don't I look like some daisy...