But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hump Day...its not just for breakfast anymore

Good things:
1. Soccer tonight US Open Cup Championship
2. I may get a good-sized classroom budget this year.
3. It looks like what my school calls "unassigned days" really means a day off. These are Tuesday Oct.4 and Thursday Oct. 13th. They are both Jewish holidays, but I'm not sure how those days are justified seeing that there are not too many Jews in the LAUSD boundaries (Beverly Hills and Santa Monica are separate districts). So, October 12 will be a Crown happy hour night for me.
4. I wore a soccer jersey to school today (see #1) and nobody seemed to mind. It was a little more comfortable than my standard shirt-and-tie.

Bad things:
1. I am tired and it isn't going to get any better (see #1 in above list).
2. I may not get that funding, but I'll soon find out.
3. I can't seem to get ready for work in less than 75 minutes. I don't wear make-up, I don't read the newspaper or watch TV news, and I usually just scrape some eggs into my mouth as I walk out the door. What gives! Amanda will blame it on my being easily distracted by shiny objects, but I'm not sure how that happens. Melanie and Amanda get up, have coffee, watch Channel 5 News, eat, and do all the other stuff in less time. I think I'll blame it on #4.
4. I don't get hot water in my apartment before 6am. Well, that's not entirely true. I have to leave the shower running for 15+ minutes to get somewhat hot water. I've asked for it to be fixed, but they always come at noon when I have hot water. This makes my showers suck and causes my shave to not be so close.

So I guess that's an even draw between the good and the bad. No complaints here.

No comments: