But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Things affecting my mood today

First, the things that are increasing my good mood:

1. Kona coffee
2. Its a test day in World History so I just get to sit around a lot
3. I scored 2 goals and had 3 assists Monday night and I'm still feeling good about that.
4. the possibility of Happy Hour tonight
5. "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me" (my favorite NPR show) is now being podcasted.
6. St. Patrick's Day is coming Friday
7. My 6th period 9th graders: they're really coming around and growing up.
8. the picture on my desk of Amanda and I in front of the San Clemente sunset

Now things that are pissing me off:

1. Republicans: why don't they get in trouble for lying? (not all of them, just Bush, Cheney, DeLay, Rove, etc. - OK, most of them)
2. Democrats: why don't they stand up for something useful? Anti-Bush can only last another 3 years or so.
3. The "War on Terror": Why are we fighting this war? The way I see it, the goal is to protect American lives. How many Americans have died in the last 10 years because of terrorism? I think I'm being friendly when I say 5,000. How many Americans will die of cancer this year? According to the American Cancer Society - 564,830. Which gets more money? Duh. So who really cares about American lives? I call bullshit. Even AIDS kills more Americans than terrorism.
4. Barry Bonds: he needs to retire and Major League Baseball needs to void all of his statistics. Hank Aaron was always a skinny-ass guy until he got a little fatter near the end of his career. Fatter, not buffer.
5. This one kid in one of my classes: He isn't getting it and he's being an asshole to me and everyone in class. "Why do I have a D?" The real question is Why don't you have a Fail?
6. the radio: why don't they ever play anything good?
7. Bill O'Reilly: for so many reasons I can't get into it.

Well, at least there are more good mood items. That means that I am in a generally good mood today. If I had a mood ring on it would be blue, which I think means happiness.

1 comment:

Amanda Jane said...

Thank you for including me in your good mood list.