But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Sunday, January 21, 2007

2007 Drink of the Union

I mean State of the Union. January 23 is a Tuesday which brings the penultimate State of the Union by President Bush. Therefore, I think it is entirely appropriate for people to come by our place 30 minutes prior (I think it starts at 6:00) for a cocktail or three, some snacks (maybe dinner?) and watch the fun. Anyone reading is invited as long as I choose to tell you where I live.

Update: The speech is scheduled to start at 6:00. Feel free to come by anytime after 5:15 or so. There will be enough food that you should not have to eat dinner before coming over. Plus beer and wine.

You must take a drink when Bush says:

terrah
surge
anything blatantly mispronounced
what else?

5 comments:

Lauri said...

Awesome! do you think there's anyone else out there who does things like this? lol.

Jeff said...

Sure - there are a lot of people as nerdy and more nerdy than us. Plus, its always nice to have an excuse to drink on a Tuesday.

Pete said...

word has it that this speech is going to talk about NRG so I think we should drink everytime we hear the term "clean coal" and nuclear pronounced new-q-lar.

Lauri said...

I think we should take a shot or something if Bush brings up 9/11.

Jeff said...

You're crazy Lauri - I have to work tomorrow!