But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Galaxy sign Beckham

Although I have been guaranteeing this deal for 6 months, today it was made official. My L.A. Galaxy have signed England and Real Madrid (formerly ManU) star David Beckham to a 5-year $250 million dollar deal. He will start with the team in August after the Spanish season ends and his contract with Real Madrid is up. You may start kissing my ass to get tickets now.

Update: Galaxy has reported that they have sold 1,000 season seats just this morning. One person bought an entire section in the upper deck (a.k.a ticket broker).

Update #2: Season tickets for today now over 2000. My season ticket went up 50%, although I locked in a cheaper price already for the next two seasons. I will have 10 free tickets this year - I hope. They may all be sell-outs.

Final Update for now: Final tally was 3,000+ season seats in one day. My ticket guy was in the office until 10:30 pm. That will go a long way in paying his salary. By the way - the $250 million is made up a good deal by promised endorsements (especially some company called Adidas)>

1 comment:

Lauri said...

Oh man, you better get on that!