But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Monday, March 19, 2007

The Power of One continues

The new dollar coins have been released. I am not quite out of the Sacagawea versions, but I will head to the bank tomorrow to grab a stash of the new dollar coins. I am a little concerned that my quest will be vanquished by the people at Wells Fargo again. This came up again since my buddy Peter (who I will call Conservative Peter to distinguish him from the more liberal Pete at Life Outside the Rat Race) brought it up in his blog. For once, Conservative Peter and I are in agreement - there needs to be a switch to the dollar coin. I highly suggest that you go out and pick up a few. In return, I will double my efforts to spread the use of these coins.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I also wonder what will happen with us going to a more cashless society. Not everyone lives this way, but I hardly ever use cash anymore. I only get cash from the bank once every few months and I pretty much only use that for purchases under $5, usually when I need to pick up one thing from the store or when I go through a drive-thru at a fast food place. I have not been inside a bank for over 2 months, but next time I go I will try to get some of my money in dollar coins.

I think for your plan to succeed you will ultimately need the heavy hand of the government to make it happen since there is too much inertia in your way.

www.petetheelder.com

Pete said...

It time for the TR dollar coin. Imagine that smiling mustachioed visage everytime you went to Starbucks. It would just make you feel good to spend your money. Think of the boost in the economy!

Amanda Jane said...

I think they should engineer them so that it makes an r2d2 beeping sound when you drop a letter in.