But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Things I found in my truck

Today was my semi-annual "Clean Shit out of my truck" Day. Anyone who says that they have an extended cab truck for the extra seats are kidding themselves. I'm not talking about those big-ass trucks with four doors for people who don't care about the environment or who need to compensate for the lack of "extension" in other areas. My truck has these little fold-down seats (that have never been folded down) that are more narrow than seats at the Rose Bowl. In other words, not built to fit an adult human ass. Therefore, this area has become a sort-of storage facility for things that are in a transitional period between two places - either from my apartment to work or from useful to trash.

So here is a list of things that I found in my truck this morning:

My 2005 MLS Cup Champions Galaxy hat
2 pairs of underwear
1 pair of pants
1 Galaxy t-shirt that I thought was lost
1 tie clip that I replaced 3 months ago
2 Beastie Boys posters (that are up for grabs)
1 world map (that will be going to school)
3 pairs of shoes
9 Galaxy ticket stubs
1 bag of Blue Plastic Cups
1 bag of napkins
3 unopened bottles of Diet Coke
4 half-empty bottles of water
1 Star Wars: Episode 1 poster (little Anakin with Darth Vader shadow - also up for grabs)
my tube of posters from college (2 Trainspotting, various Sierra Nevada, 2 Rage Against the Machine, 1 Swingers, maybe others - also up for grabs)
1 pair of Adidas shinguards
2 soccer balls
many pieces of sharp glass left over from various break-ins
1 big mag flashlight
1 first aid kit
2 car-size toolkits
1 phone book
1 box of 3-inch drywall screws

I think that's it.

4 comments:

Pete said...

2 pairs of underwear!?Hmmmmmm. Are those Sierra Nevada, the beer posters? Or Sierra Nevada, the Mountain Range Posters. Because if they are the beer posters, I think Lauri will want to put them up in the apartment. We've been looking for something to tie the room together.

Jeff said...

There are 3 smaller posters, maybe 20x16? One standard green Pale Ale, one Wheat, and one Celebration Ale. They are yours if you want them.

The underwear are likely the result of me taking clothes to the gym, not changing after a workout, then having them fall out of the bag. There were no smells associated.

Lauri said...

That's alot of stuff in your truck. I think you and Pete should have a competition as to who stores/leaves the most crap in their extended cab.

Jeff said...

Well, the competition is now over, but there was a point where the shit had piled up high enough to reach the top of the seat. I'm not too proud of that moment.