But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Sunday, December 31, 2006

The "Winner" of the Evil Twin of William Jennings Bryan Pat Robertson Douchebag of the Year Award

I actually gave this more thought than I should have. Pete and Lauri argued that the person(s) that broke into my truck were the clear winners, but I feel that this award should think bigger. Besides, those twats have to live with themselves. Their crimes may not effect them now, but at some point it will hit them that they no longer have souls. My winner, on the other hand, gave up the concern of having a soul a long time ago.

First, I would have to say that George Allen, Ted Stevens, and Curtis Gokey get 3rd - 5th respectiviely. I think, like the car burglars, that they will get some punishment in the end. Pat Robertson, although an incredible douchebag, is really in line for a lifetime achievement award and I already named the award after him. However, if, God willing, Ann Coulter can't live up to the duties of the job, Pat will have to step up.

So I am giving the first ever Evil Twin of William Jennings Bryan Pat Robertson Douchebag of the Year Award to Ann Coulter. The more I thought about it, the more I realized 4 things: #1: Although her hateful comments won her the nomination, this nomination was inevitable #2: All of her books have subtitles that rag on liberals (at least Al Franken rags on specific conservatives, not all of them in general) and that idea got old after the first book. #3: I think she goes overboard on purpose just for the attention - which is really annoying and #4: The things she writes makes me feel like she is oblivious to the world around her and she thinks that people are too stupid to figure her out. Unfortunately, most of them are.


1 comment:

Lauri said...

Jeff i need something new to read! got anything?