But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Today's List - 10/16

1. Meetings can eat my ass. I know it sounds like I am bragging, but I am usually the only one in my meetings that has any clue about what is going on. However, today I solved my problem. We had to break up in to small groups as each group would deal with one part of a report we have to create for accreditation. I volunteered to lead a group then quickly told the person in charge that I was taking my group to my room to work. My group was me. I did the work in 15 minutes and then did some planning before returning to drop off the group work. I am the best group ever.

2. One of my students told me today that his brain is like the bottle of water that I drink from in class all the time - by fifth period its running pretty low. I laughed.

3. Tasty combination: Thai food and Riesling.

4. I'm barely paying attention to the baseball playoffs, but I think that the Rockies winning 20 out of their last 21 games is pretty impressive.

5. Euro 2008 qualifying continues tomorrow with some pretty important games. England vs. Russia is at the top of most people's lists. I am still super impressed by the Scots (my paternal heritage). They lead their group over Italy and France. They could easily go through to the final stage as they get group B pushovers Georgia next. However, their final match with Italy could be important too.

6. The mother fucking Galaxy finally decided to start playing and have now won 5 in a row. If they win their next two games they will actually qualify for the playoffs. Thursday night is the last regular season home game and we may even get to see the $50 million pound English guy again.

7. "What is a Jim?"

8. Saw "Into the Wild" on Friday. Crazy shit. I knew the story going in, but have not read the book. I have to say that I ended up feeling different about the main character than I thought I would. Only major downfall of the movie: Eddie Vedder's dominance of the soundtrack. The first single is regularly rotated on KROQ and is maybe the worst song of the millennium next to everything from System of a Down.

9. Transformers is out on DVD. I really dug this movie, but I was very biased by my childhood love of the toys - second only to G.I. Joe. The Special Edition is in a case that is a transformer.

10. I watched some Bill O'Reilly yesterday. I know this is a very "the sky is blue" type statement, but that dude is way off base. The only thing that made him look good is that he had Ann Coulter on. Two things about her: she's a completely retarded bitch and she has a total Adam's Apple.

11. I'm not against Al Gore winning the Nobel Prize per se, but giving him the Nobel Peace Prize seems like a bit of a stretch. I absolutely understand the connection between the environment and peace (ask me in person and I will gladly explain), but he didn't really make that connection himself. That being said, I'm happy for the dude. But will he run?

12. The answers to the Brazilian names were: Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Obi Wan Kenobe, C3Po, and Boba Fett.

13. Don't forget to watch the cartoon from the previous post. I'm still laughing.

3 comments:

Pete said...

If Al Gore runs, he will bite Hilary's head off, and fling it like a water polo ball into Barack Obama. All other democratic candidates will run screaming and he will take the nomination. Then he will choose a headless Hilary for his running mate, lose the South and subsequently be defeated by a Guiliani / Thompson ticket. But he has my vote. I still feel gypped by the 2000 election.

appojax said...

lad na and wine does sound quite scrumpo.

derrickgott007 said...

Hey Jeff, I found a serious plot hole in the Transformers movie...Awesome movie but it had one big WTF that doesn't make sense moment.

When the Sector 7 guy says our technology is all thanks to being reverse engineered from Megatron it goes against what the plot of the movie was. They had stated the reason for them Autobots to come to earth was that Megatron wanted to use our technology against us to defeat us and make a whole new cyber planet.

Why would Megatron want to come to our planet? We didnt have technology UNTIL they reverse engineered it from Megatron. So they expect me to beleive that he gladly hung out frozen all those years to wait for our technology to be built from him so he could use it against us??

WTF??? Is this a 2007 version of which came first, the chicken or the decepticon?