But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Friday, October 26, 2007

Today's List - 10/26

1. There is a teacher that uses my room during my conference. She is horrible and her students do nothing. When you were in high school did you like the teacher that basically let you sit around and do nothing everyday? Not me. I liked doing stuff because I liked to learn and doing work often meant that I didn't have to interact with people.

2. The keys to getting your wine glasses clean is to use a small amount of soap, make sure you give special attention to the rim of the glass and the base, use hot water when you rinse, and to let them dry a little in the air and then finish them off with a dry soft towel. I only say this because watermarks and lipstick stains on wineglasses are a major pet peeve of mine.

3. Liverpool's aging defender Sami Hyppia has scored two goals in the last 5 days. Unfortunately they were in the wrong goal. He is a complete donkey and I am giving him pre-emptive blame for our impending disastrous loss to Arsenal (my brother's team) on Saturday.

4. Pete works too much.

5. We watched "Black Sheep" at Pete and Lauri's last week. Not the Chris Farley Black Sheep but the "horror" movie black sheep that I posted the trailer to a while back. It was awesome.

6. Trader Joe's Thai Noodle Salad. That's all I'm saying.

7. I think I've become allergic to the lactose free string cheese. It destroyed my stomach the last two days.

8. "I want Philly Jim!" The Office really needs to be 1/2 hour. It just works better.

9. After 3 seasons the Ghost Hunters may have captured something that looked sort of like a ghost.

10. Its basketball season already? and hockey? Does anyone actually care? Not me. I don't think I could name more than 3 active NHL players.

11. I've been recording the CNN "Planet in Peril" series. I guess I'm not convinced yet that we are killing ourselves.

Have a weekend.

1 comment:

Pete said...

Did you hear the smodcast when Walt Flanigan was trying to haggle with an old lady at a flee market? Hilarious. There's the one where Kevin suggests that the republicans could be in office for 100 years if only Bush would pull Osama Bin Laden's head from a paper sack during a presidential address. That one had me laughing on the plane back from St. Louis. I think I might have frightened the guy next to me.