But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Poetry corner

Here's a little poem I wrote:

Such a lonely day, and it's mine
The most loneliest day of my life
Such a lonely day,
should be banned
It's a day that I can't stand

OK, I didn't actually write that and I hope that you read it and went "that sucked" because it does. This is one verse of the lyrics from System of a Down's "Lonely Day". This pretty much sums up why I am going to make this bold statement:

SYSTEM OF A DOWN IS THE WORST BAND EVER.

That's right, I said it. Korn has held the trophy for a while after I first gave the award to Limp Bizkit. However, this new song's lyrics set a new standard for shit music. How often does this piece of crap get played on KROQ? Pretty much once an hour. But wait, the song must get better right? Nope. Here's the next verse of brilliance:

Such a lonely day, shouldn't exist
It's a day that I'll never miss
Such a lonely day, and it's mine
The most loneliest day of my life

I'm not kidding. Those are really lyrics that a band put into a song that is actually getting national airplay. How does this happen? I think a lot of it has to do with payola, where record companies pay radio stations to play the artists they represent. At least I hope that is the reason, because the only other explanation would be that they think this crap is good, and that's just not possible. And in case you didn't notice, they use the phrase "most loneliest", which can't possibly be grammatically correct.

1 comment:

Lauri said...

I like SOD. I'm not really a big lyric person in any song, but i do enjoy the rocking out part of SOD. I like to scream in my car to their songs, it releases stress!