But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Disturbing images

Three times in the last few days my eyes were assaulted by visions that no man should be confronted with.

First, my brother sent me a picture/text message with the title "Want to see what it looks like when a baby poops for the first time in 4 days?" and a picture of the world's largest pile of shit.

Then, I came across a homeless guy in front of a coffee shop in downtown L.A. as I walked from a train station to the place where I had a two-day conference on "Shared Inquiry". After asking me to buy him coffee and food he showed me the sores on his legs that came from sleeping in some god-knows-where filthy place.

Finally, as if I needed to see more, I walked in on two guys having sex in a bathroom in a Carl's Jr. I went into the Macy's Plaza as I was walking back to the train station after the meeting so I could take a leak. Carl's Jr. (which sold beer by the way) was the closest bathroom so I went to use it, but it had one of those coin deals so only customers could use it. Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately in my case) it was actually open. It seemed weird when I walked in because there seemed to be more than one set of feet in the stall. I couldn't hear anything because I was listening to my iPod. I stepped to the urinal, took a leak and began to leave, but I heard weird sounds. I turned, and not only could I clearly see two sets of feet facing the same direction, but through the crack in the door I could see a guy's face at waist level (since he was bending over) and he was clearly grimacing as if...well, you get the point. I turned and got out of there as quick as possible.

Who knew that Carl's Jr. brought that kind of romance?

3 comments:

derrickgott007 said...

Hahahahaha, you got a free show..Man you have the family curse, chronic bad luck. I think we got it from Grandpa Gott.

Lauri said...

Disturbing images is what Pete posted on LOTRR.

Pete said...

Jeff, I need you to work some overtime and give me a lesson. (a post will be fine) explaining exactly what a Caucus is. As in the Iowa Caucuses. I don't know what it is, but I want to be a part of one.