But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Camping 2007

First, a caption contest. What is Emily saying in this picture? Best entry gets a prize. (I don't know the true answer)

I actually took around 50 pictures, but these are the cream of the crop. Note: At no time in any of my pics do you see all three DeClerk brother. Coincidence? Hmmm...

The bluffs. How nobody has fallen off that cliff in a drunken stupor in these many years is beyond me.
AAAAWWWW!!! Look how cute they are. Just after I took this picture they started making out. Gross. My only question is: Why is Lauri drinking water instead of Bud Light?


Some clouds make nice sunsets...


...other clouds bring an assload of rain and lightning. If there were ever clouds that signaled the coming of the apocalypse it was these clouds.

About 20 minutes after taking these pictures we were in our various cars waiting out the storm. Thanks again to Tim and Lauri for risking their lives to get us beer.


Lauri was the first victim of the mud. Here's her footprint. Unfortunately, there were no pictures of Rhiannon's (sp?) spill because it sounded like it was much better (worse from her viewpoint) than Lauri's "graceful genuflect".


I didn't want to alarm anybody at the time, but I saw a strange monster in the waves one night at the tracks. I first spotted him wrestling with some seaweed and then swimming in the surf. He never came out of the water, which is good because I saw Pete standing on the beach shortly after taking this picture.

Through rain, lightning, ocean monsters, ice shortages and intense hangovers, one thing remained constant: SLINGBALL.


Once again, nobody got hit by a train, although one of Tom's towels was certainly worse for wear after its run-in with Amtrak.



Again, there may be a prize for the best caption so leave your Emily caption in the comments section. You may enter as many times as you wish.

5 comments:

derrickgott007 said...

The beanie and the ocean made me think of this obscure movie line:

"You're not an idiot. Huh! You're not a goddamn looney now, boy. You're a fisherman!"

Pete said...

"Like I care if my shit is tight.." Thats a real Emily quote from the latest camping trip. I'll just slot it here and let you guess at the true context.

Lynlee said...

my entry:
(slurring) "I heart shot sorry, BEST game ever!"

Charles Sumner said...

Seriously, Trains only use one rail.chris

The Tenor said...

I'm sitting on this f*%&#in penny till it is flat.