But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Monday, September 03, 2007

The List - 9/3

1. Camping was fun. We were caught in a beast of a thunderstorm that forced us into our cars for maybe 30-40 minutes. OK, it was the Rangers that forced us into our cars, not the storm. We were in the middle of the first game of slingball when they suggested that we find refuge in the cars. Tim, giving maybe the best quote of camping, says "Does he know we are in a tournament?"

2. I'm re-stating my previous belief that I am old. I needed to be in bed by 10:00 or so most nights during camping and woke up with back stiffness each morning.

3. Our new camping stove and percolator worked brilliantly.

4. Students show up Wednesday and its back to the grindstone. I try to make it sound bad so I can get sympathy, but #1: I love my job and #2: I shouldn't complain about actually having to work for the first time in 6 weeks.

5. For me, the ideal temperature for a swimming pool is between 72-76 degrees.

6. I made a list of things to do this summer and only completed about 1/2 of the items.

7. Liverpool is in first place and would look even better if we weren't completely fucked by the referee in the Chelsea game. He admitted his mistakes.

8. David Beckham looks to be done for the season. This may surprise you, but I am fine with that. Our season is shot and I would like him to be back to 100% by next season.

9. I hate to admit this, but I am a Michigan fan. Big loss Saturday to Appalachian State. Never heard of them? That's because they are Div. I-AA (now called something else). However, they are probably the best I-AA team, so there's that.

10. 20 more days until a new "The Office".

11. No more new Entourage until probably June I'm guessing. I was a little disappointed with this season until last night when they had topless chicks snorting cocaine off of each other's boobs. Its not the partial nudity that made up for a mediocre season, but all of the factors put together. Now I am only slightly disappointed.

12. I've been listening to a lot of my old punk and ska CDs again since I loaded them onto my iPod. I miss that stuff. Guttermouth, Lagwagon, Mr. T Experience, The Toasters, Specials, etc.

13. We were completely bombarded by flies last night in the apartment. Our theory is that the next door neighbors leave out a lot of nasty trash and when we made steak the flies came running. Final body count was about 30 dead flies in about 45 minutes. Most squished against various windows. One was mashed into the curtain - not pretty. We won in the end.

14. Man, its hotter than two hamsters having sex in a wool sock these days. (I got that one from another teacher)

3 comments:

Diane said...

My pool is 76 : )

Lauri said...

We made steak last night, flies arrived in the apartment. But i also kinda left the door open.

Jeff said...

Dad's pool was almost 90. Way too warm.

We had to throw away 5 magazines that made up the bulk of our anti-fly arsenal. There was an L.A. Times crossword puzzle book as well.