But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Uncle Jeff



This little cutie is my new niece Paige Elizabeth. She was born yesterday morning. Everything went as smooth as planned. She was 5 weeks early so there were some minor complications, but nothing serious.

My brother was the only one that got to hold her yesterday because she's in the NICU for a bit. However, Aimee finally got to see and hold her this morning. My brother couldn't see me since I was peeking through the blinds when he was holding her, but I've never seen him more happy - even when the U.S. beat Mexico in the World Cup.

In any case, I am still weirded out a bit that my brother has a daughter, but I am very excited and will be spoiling the crap out of her because I won't have to deal with it. She's pretty long for 5 weeks early so I'm thinking she'll end up being a target forward or center back. Aimee has a pretty solid left leg so Paige could be very valuable to any soccer team.

2 comments:

derrickgott007 said...

Awesome!!! She looks beautiful!

derrickgott007 said...

Tell Steve and Amy congrats from me and the family...