But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Today's List - 9/14

1. Baby countdown: 14 hours. They moved it way up after some mild "complications". They're cutting little Paige out at 7:30am tomorrow. Bought some cigars and prosecco (sparkling wine). I'm a little excited.

2. U.S. got ripped off against Brazil. This was the same ref that screwed over Canada in the Gold Cup. Game ended 4-2 in favor of Brazil, but reality says 3-3 should have been the final.

3. Saddest episode of Meerkat Manor last week. Two cubs were born. One had a deformed leg so it was hard for him to even get out of the burrow, let alone keep up with the gang. Then they got left out in the open and the non-deformed one got picked up by a hawk. Then, as food became more scarce, the deformed one was left behind to die alone since they couldn't find enough food. The show faded as you could hear his little yelps for help. Heartbreaking

4. Galaxy - ChivasUSA tonight. I'll be watching it taped.

5. Got a wine cooler today. Not like Bartles & James. A fridge made specially for storing wine at a safe temperature. Normally in the area of $450, I got this one for $139 because I drove to their factory in Compton and picked it from the "dented and scratched" selection. It is not dented, but has a few scratches, but those were mostly covered by switching the handle to the other side. This was essentially a birthday gift from my mother.

6. Wine dinner tonight. Super excited. I'll give a re-cap after the whole baby thing is done.

7. I'm tired of shaving, but I don't want to grow a beard.

8. Only three entries in the Emily caption contest. I call weak sauce. There are at least 15 unique visitors to this site every day. Let's be creative. Prize to the winner. Even my cousin entered and he lives in Texas and only met Emily once at our wedding.

9. Steve McQueen says "pppppffffft.. jog on!"

3 comments:

Pete said...

God Dammnit! Just declare me the winner of the emily quote contest and lets move on...

derrickgott007 said...

Is that Steve and Amy having the baby?? I know Amy is pregnant, but I didn't know how far along.

Jeff said...

Yep...Steve and Aimee's daughter has arrived. Pics coming.