But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Kerry says U.S. troops are terrorists

Now, let me start by saying that I don't agree with my own title, but I wanted to catch your attention. This was actually a comment made by right-winged drug addict Rush Limbaugh about John Kerry. Before I give you said quote let me also say this: I think John Kerry is a tool and has no guts. He says one thing and backs down in the face of pressure. But my argument is not with him, it with Crackhead Limbaugh. Here is what Kerry said: (taken directly from Rush's website)

JOHN KERRY: I don't agree with that. But I think what we need to do is recognize what we all agree on, which is, you've got to begin to set benchmarks for accomplishment; you've got to begin to transfer authority to the Iraqis, and there is no reason, Bob, that young American soldiers need to be going into the homes of Iraqis in the dead of night, terrorizing kids and children, you know, women, breaking sort of the customs of the -- of -- of -- of -- historical customs, religious customs, whether you like it or not. Iraqis should be doing that. And after all of these two and a half years, with all --


So do you see the part where he calls American troops terrorists? Rush says that when Kerry wants troops to not "terrorize kids and children" Kerry is insinuating that the troops are terrorists. I try to terrorize my students into doing their homework Rush, am I a terrorist? Steven Spielberg terrorized us with a giant man-eating shark in Jaws, does that make him a terrorist?

This is what many politicians on the right do, especially Rush. They really stretch the interpretation of a statement to fit their needs. Liberals on the other hand just make arguments based on things that they heard from other liberal friends, not on actual sources. It just blows my mind that these pundits are so caught up on dogging out their opposition that they avoid real issues, like, oh, I don't know, the THOUSANDS OF FUCKING PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORLD DYING OF AIDS!!. Just my thought.

No comments: