But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Thursday, November 10, 2005

A superfluous amount of topics

I said yesterday that there were 4 topics that I would write about yesterday and I only covered one of them. So here are the rest:

Why will I be constantly on the verge of vomiting until Sunday at 12:30?
In reality, it will probably until 2:30 or so. Sunday afternoon is MLS Cup 2005 and my LA Galaxy have made an improbable run to the championship game after being the lowest ranked team to enter the playoffs. So until my beloved Gs claim the cup, I will be very anxious and on the verge of vomiting. I just hope it doesn't ruin chili-night at my mother's Saturday night.

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life what would it be?
This is a more complicated question than you think. Many people would just answer with their favorite food. But what if your favorite food is chocolate? Could you really eat chocolate as your only meal the rest of your life? I doubt it. You also need to consider your health. This kind of throws off my theory of pizza, but I am thinking if that pizza had various meats and vegetables that it would be reasonably healthy. Other foods I have heard people mention before: 1.mac n' cheese (I can't eat this more than 1-2 times a month without getting tired of it. 2.steak Yeah, I love steak, but I think your arteries would clog after too long. Although I can honestly say that I would never get tired of steak. 3.eggs I want to give eggs a break and all, but there is such a thing as too many eggs. So I guess I'll stick with the pizza option, but I could go with steak or even cole slaw.

What could the state have done with $80 million other than a special election with no results?
1. print up new letterhead without Arnold's name since he's pretty much done with this job
2. build a giant wall around Bakersfield to quarantine their stupidity
3. bribe the NFL to bring a team to Los Angeles
4. install sprinkler system in all forest to more easily put out fires
5. invent flying cars like in the Jetsons to help end traffic
6. build more In n' Outs
7. get the State into the Guinness Book by building a record-setting burrito
8. build a couple of schools


That's all for now. I feel better.

4 comments:

Lauri said...

That sprinkler idea is brilliant! It could really solve some issues.

Pete said...

Hey Jeff, I saw your Pastor tonight at the Pasadena Center (Reverand Bacon?) He gave the Benediction at a dinner for the Mexican American Legal Defense & Equality Fund. He thanked god that the Propositions got voted down. Not Kidding.

Jeff said...

That does not surprise me at all. He is a good enough guy, but definitely pushes the boundary of religio-political fanatic. The guy before him was the same, which is why they are being investigated.

He's not a pastor, he is a reverend. We're Anglican, not Baptist. Our priests are educated.

Pete said...

So...Reverand or Priest? They called him Reverand. I used pastor in the generic sense.
What a baptist basher. You WASPs are all the same. Wait..are episcopalians protestant? Damn this religion stuff is confusing. I liked it better when the Catholics held a tight grip on things.. No divorce and the Earth at the center of the Universe. Torturing Heretics. Waging war against those who worship false gods. Ahhhh those were the days. You got to respect a church who only acknowlegded Galileo was right like 5 years ago. Now thats sticking to your convictions. Or is it dangerous obstinance in the face of overwhelming evidence? Maybe the Hindu's have it right... I'm up for another go round as a cow.