But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Brief SotU comment

Nothing really surprising in the speech, except this...

Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research human cloning in all its forms creating or implanting embryos for experimentscreating human-animal hybrids
Yes, our president called for laws against creating half-man/half-animal type creatures. I'm really not kidding. Here's a complete transcript from the White House website. Its 10 paragraphs from the bottom, right after he thanked Sandra Day O'Conner for retiring so he could appoint a fascist in her place (OK, he didn't say that, but I'm sure he meant it.)

My other favorite moment was when he said "Congress did not act last year on my proposal to save Social Security" at which point the entire Democrat side stood and gave him mocking applause. Sure, it wasn't classy, but it was funny.

Anyways, I will say more tomorrow when I am getting paid by my school to blog. Not really, I only blog during breaks, not during class.

5 comments:

Amanda Jane said...

Can I just say that I'm terribly relieved that Stalin's attempt to make monkey-human super soliders didn't pan out? I think they would have taken over the world by now.

Pete said...

I to was shocked to here about a proposed ban on Human-animal hybrids. There go my plans to splice my genes with a donkey. Lauri wanted me to do it. Despite the drawbacks the obvious advantage would more than make up for them. Just kiddin' I don't need no help there. I'm huge. hee haw!

Pete said...

I had serious doubts about leaving that comment. But I've been under alot of pressure lately so fuck it.

Pete said...

Seriously though, is there ANYONE really out there attempting animal human hybrids? Because I'm all for it.

Lauri said...

um...i didn't say that. And i'm thinking that there are such experiments going on that would make him say that. I's like to be ignorant about all that though.