But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Thursday, January 05, 2006

More spy stuff

At my request, which shows my invincible jedi mind control powers, my friend Peter issued this statement about the controversy over warrantless wiretaps. I've said before and I'll say it again, he is smart and makes a good argument. However, he picks on Jimmy Carter a little bit and that is not fair. Carter was barely a president and was regularly outsmarted by other world leaders (see Mariela Boat Lift where Castro sent us criminals and insane people). In any case, its a long read, but a good read with many citations. I can see his side of the argument, but I stick by the fact that I think there needs to be a little further approval than just the President and one of his appointees.

No comments: