But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Monday, January 23, 2006

Someone's got a case of the Mondays

Its Monday and I have decided that I would rather blog than do work during my conference period.

Next week, Bush is supposed to give his State of the Union. So, for your entertainment, I offer you my list of the Top 10 things that he is unlikely to say during this speech:

10. "...after further consideration I have decided to replace Donald Rumsfeld as Secretary of Defense."
9. "In 2006, it will be the goal of this administration to reduce poverty in the United States."
8. "Mission accomplished"
7. "...and I am pleased to see Scooter Libby in the audience tonight"
6. "...this government will only be successful if we are able to find compromise on both sides of the aisle in Congress" (also will not be heard in Democratic rebuttal)
5. "Harriet Myers"
4. "Valerie Plame"
3. "...let me tell you the REAL reason I decided to invade Iraq"
2. "Here's a funny story my dear friend Jack Abramoff told me..."
1. "I was wrong"

I was going to include "the truth" in this list, but that is a bit too wacky leftist for me. However, I will be enjoying a cocktail or two and I invite locals to come by and join me on Tuesday next week to watch. I think it usually starts at 5 or 5:30. Remember, I have a VERY small apartment and you may have to sit on the floor, but that is a small price to pay for FREE DRINKS and entertainment.

No comments: