But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Thursday, January 05, 2006

I told you so

Look, I am not going to talk a lot of shit about USC since I am a fan of neither team and I have no right to do so. However, it is rare that I create a fact-based argument in regards to a big sports game that ends up being correct, so I will point out how right I was. My arguments: Texas has a better offense that will score more points although maybe with less yards. It happened. I said that Texas has a good defense that would focus on Reggie Bush. USC's passing game was stunned in the first half and Reggie Bush was not as much of a factor as he had been in the past. Unfortunately, the Horns forgot about LenDale White, who had a great game outside of one run.

In the end, both teams got screwed by horrible calls and it was a fun game to watch. Most of my friends that are real USC fans were not terribly upset because of the quality of the game. Although in Big Ron's case it might have been the 18 beers that eased his pain.

No comments: