But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Countdown to the State of the Union

Well, today is the big day, although I really don't know why I am excited about hearing this speech. I know what Bush is going to say and I know that I am going to get mad about and I know that he will likely completely avoid talking about the things that I want to hear about. He will not mention Jack Abramoff, Hurricane Katrina, or the truth about the NSA spying (which he will call, of course, intelligence gathering or some other less offensive term).

In any case, any of you that are local, or not local I guess, that want to come by for a drink before, during, or shortly after the speech, I will be at my place watching and having a cocktail. Just let me know if I should expect any visitors because I am thinking nobody is as interested as I am. I do have various mixes available for cosmopolitans, white Russians, gin n' tonic, plus LOADS of beer and a good bit of wine. And there will be snacks available.

New Douchebag of the Week tomorrow night.

(Ed.s note: I realize nobody knows where I live, so e-mail or call me if you are actually coming and I'll give you directions. I really don't want to post directions here for fear that the Bakersfield army will hunt me down.)

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I don't think i'll be able to join you for the actual speech, but depending on how frightening it is i may want a drink when its over!

Jeff said...

please do come and bring your boyfriend or anyone else...my place has been overflowing with booze and beer for a while and I need to deplete the supply. Plus I have snack food. I'll be open from 5:30-10:00. SotU starts at 6:00.