But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Friday, August 26, 2005

Another birthday observation

Have you noticed that as you get older you get way fewer presents? Trust me, I'm not complaining, but it just struck me that I got three presents this year. Don't get me wrong, these were great presents. It seems like when I was younger I got in the area of 15-20 presents every birthday. They were certainly cheaper, but still. As a child I got presents from every relative within 10 square miles of my house. This year, one combined gift from the parents (who are divorced), one gift from my cheap-ass brother, and one gift from Mrs. Austin (I'm practicing). Its interesting that we seem to teach children that birthdays and Christmas means hundreds of gifts only to cut them off as adults. I think it should be reversed so we aren't spoiled as kids.

On the same note, I'm not getting Pete shit for his birthday. Seriously, not even a card.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

unlesss you marry a girl with a generous family

stupes!