But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Who knew...?

...that it would be so hot during the summer?

...that people get paid to ride motorcycles and skateboards?

...that, according to my computer, I have spent almost $3000 on groceries this year?

...that the Starbucks Green Tea Frapuccino is basically milk and powder and tastes like a vanilla milkshake?

...that in the year 2005 people still write checks at the grocery store?

...that Robert Todd Lincoln, son of Abraham Lincoln, was within 500 feet or so of each of the first three presidents that were assassinated when they were shot?

...that soccer jerseys were not considered appropriate attire for fancy parties?

...that cleaning your bathroom makes it smell so much better?

...that over the past 5 years or so I have accumulated over 50 pairs of socks?

...that the State of California actually checks to see if you file a tax return? (I did file, but they don't think so)

...that I would have to pay over $30 to fill my gas tank?

...that one day I would rather get a new watch for my birthday instead of transformers?

...that one day I would waste 10 minutes of my life writing this list?

No comments: