But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Happy hour

I may not be able to do this as often once school starts, so I think everyone should make it a point to go the Crown for Tim's Wednesday Happy Hour. 9:30?? That's my targeted arrival time.

School starts for me again in about 2 weeks. I don't have students until Sep 6, but I will be learning about the new software we are supposed to use as well as other very interesting topics like repairing my own computer. There are a few other workshops I will be part of, but it has been a while since I was at school, so I forget what I'm supposed to do and when. I am hoping that they send me a letter this week reminding me of what is going on.

Believe it or not, I am very anxious to get back. Last year I started in October, so I am looking forward to fully integrate myself into the school as a real staff person. Maybe I'll start a breakdancing club like I had back in Redlands. I guarantee that I will not be coaching. It seems like coaching is not very well paid or supported at this school. That's not such a bad thing since learning should be the focus of the school instead of athletics, but sports are important in developing school pride, healthy habits, etc. However, I think I would end up losing money by coaching since they won't pay for subs to cover my classes.

Well, now that I have fully entertained you by sharing my thoughts on my job, I will remind you that the real point of this post is to get people to go to Happy Hour.

2 comments:

Lauri said...

I'm in Jeff! I actually thought today was Wednesday and i wanted to go, but alas, its only Tuesday.

Randy said...

Count me in. I vote for Happy Hour!