But in the unlikely story that is America, there has never been anything false about hope

Saturday, August 27, 2005

A few random things for a HOT Saturday

First, if you go down to my post "Tall Ships kick ass" you will note that a member of the LAFD added a comment about my interest in the LAFD Fireboats. Very cool.

Second, it is really hot outside and I don't like it at all.

Third, you should check out my fiance's blog, the Goondocks. There is a link to the right. She is a very good writer and you should encourage her to add a lot to her blog.

Fourth, Target is evil. Add together the money I spend on beer, Starbucks, and Target and it equals the GDP of many developing nations.

Fifth, if you are looking to buy office supplies, I would start at Staples. Office Depot is my #2 choice. Everywhere else in the entire universe is next. OfficeMax comes in last. They have 50 employees working at any one time, they all have earpieces like they are Secret Service rejects, but they only have one register open and that 19-year old is on the phone to her friend while ringing you up. Screw that garbage.

Sixth, I have lived about 2 blocks from The Boat for 14 months and I've been there 3 times. What a waste.

Finally, I am going out for dinner tonight and I am going to get pasta with some type of vodka-based sauce. Whoever figured out that vodka and spaghetti sauce went together is the shit.

That's all. Enjoy the final Saturday of August.

No comments: